Many of the events in Independence are coordinated by the Town of Independence Special Events Committee, a town sanctioned volunteer group who works with other local organizations including the Historic 1908 Courthouse Foundation, Grayson LandCare and the Twin County Chamber of Commerce to bring festivals and events to Independence.
Independence, the county seat of Grayson County, is located at the intersection of Highway 58 which is a section of Virginia’s Music Heritage Trail, The Crooked Road and Highway 21, formerly known as the Great Lakes to Florida Highway. Grayson County is rich in natural resources, historic and artistic treasures and is in the heart of the Blue Ridge Highlands.
Come for a festival and stay to explore our rich heritage, beautiful scenery and great entertainment.Halloween
A family friendly evening for tricks and treats by the merchants of Independence. Will be held Friday, October 29, 2010.
Various events include the Independence Christmas Parade on the first Saturday of December.
Town of Independence Special Events Committee coordinates Grayson Earth Day, Independence Fourth of July Festival, Mountain Foliage Festival and Grand Privy Race and other events throughout the year along with the Historic 1908 Courthouse, Twin County Chamber of Commerce and Grayson LandCare. Independence, VA is located in Grayson County which is home to Grayson Highlands State Park, Mt Rogers and Whitetop Mountain, New River Trail and the head of the Virginia Creeper Trail is at Whitetop Station. The longest stretch of the New River in VA is in Grayson County and offers canoeing, kayaking and trout fishing. ‘Round the Mountain and The Crooked Road are heritage trails featuring art, music, heritage and culture throughout SW Virginia and Independence and Grayson offer a number a stops along the trails.
Submit 3 photo of items selling and booth set-up. (first time vendors only).
Describe items being sold or demonstrated and booth set-up.
Please read the Information and General Policies attached to this application. If you have any questions, contact Carol Lundgren at 276-773-3507, and/or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. More info can be found at www.independenceeventsva.com. Mail application, payment and photos if required to P.O. BOX 323, INDEPENDENCE, VA 24348
1. All vendors must be set-up and vehicles removed by 8am and vehicles may not be moved about on the McKnight lot until 3:30pm. Please use a guide to direct you when backing.
2. I understand it is the Selection Committee’s right to deny any applicant, even if they have participated in the show before. I agree to show or sell only items handcrafted by me. I will not show or sell manufactured, items bought or consigned for resale, or “flea market” items. I understand that if I do offer these items for sale, I will be asked to remove them. FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN DISMISSAL FROM THE SHOW.
3. I understand that reasonable security will be provided, but I will not hold the TISEC, the Town of Independence or their representatives liable for loss, damage or injury. I further agree to indemnify, save harmless, and defend TISEC, it’s partners and its successors in interest from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, debts, liabilities, and attorney’s fees arising out of, claimed on account of, or in any manner predicated upon loss or damage to the property of and injuries to or death of any and all persons whatsoever, in any manner caused or contributed to by the vendor, its agents, or employees while in, upon, or about the TISEC ground otherwise known as the McKnight lot and surrounding town property where the booth is located, or while going to or departing from the same, and to indemnify and save harmless TISEC, its successors in interest from any liability and that TISEC may suffer as the result of acts of negligence, fraud, or misconduct of any vendors’ agent or employees on or about the TISEC grounds. I release the TISEC from any and all liability for loss or damage to property and merchandise used by the vendor in the operation of the concession due to theft, fire, storm, flood, and damages through any force of nature or otherwise.
4. I further grant TISEC the permission to use any photographs, motion pictures, recording, or any other record of my participation in the festival for any legitimate reasons.
5. Vendors are responsible for the collection and remittance of Virginia State Sales Tax as required by law.
6. Food Vendors are required to submit an application with the Grayson County Health Department 30 days prior to the event. Failure to do so or to meet the Health Departments requirements may result in being removed from the event. No monies will be refunded.
7. Events are rain or shine. No monies will be refunded on the basis of weather.